As an Oak Lawn Public Library card holder, you have access to museum and cultural passes through the Museum Adventure Pass
program and the
Explore More Illinois
The Museum Adventure Pass
program offers general admission passes to many
Chicago area destinations including museums, zoos, and parks
- Call or visit the library's Customer Service desk for current pass availability.
- Visit the library to check out a Museum Adventure Pass using your library card. Passes are limited to each organization and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Museum Adventure Passes cannot be reserved or checked out online or by phone.
- Oak Lawn Library card holders ages 18 and up with cards in good standing may check out passes. One pass may be checked out per family, per loan period. The loan period is seven days and will expire after the date printed on the pass.
- Passes cannot be duplicated or exchanged and must be used by the patron checking out the pass. Passes may only be used once. Patrons may be asked for photo identification and library card to gain admission to the participating museum.
- Admission offers vary per museum. Please see the list of participating institutions for details on offers.
The Explore More Illinois
program is a free service that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to attractions throughout the state of Illinois. You can view all the offerings and check out passes at home or anywhere - there's no need to come in to the library to check out passes through
Explore More Illinois
- Log in to the Explore More Illinois website
with your OLPL card number and PIN.
- Browse the discounted offerings. Click on Show First Available Offer
to reserve the date of your visit. Reservations are available within the next three months.
- Use the calendar to choose which date you want to make your reservation for. Then choose the Reserve
option under the attraction. A confirmation box will appear, and you will receive a confirmation via email.
- You can print out a pass when you reserve, or print it out from your email later.
- Two active reservations are allowed at any time. Once one reservation date has passed, you can make another reservation.
- Adults 18 and over can make reservations in Explore More Illinois. A photo ID must be shown at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
- Attractions can limit how many times a patron can make a reservation. If you are out of reservations, you will not see the offer when you log in to Explore More Illinois.
- You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy
and that is indicated when you make a reservation.
Created by Meghan Moran on
Jul 26th, 2019 @ 9:27 AM.
Nov 21st, 2019 @ 3:47 PM.