Part-time Library Assistant I, Grade III
Library Computer Center
Adult/Young Adult Services Department
The Oak Lawn Public Library Computer Center is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working with technology, learning new technology, and assisting the public.
We are looking for a part-time (Level 1 – 8-19 hours per week) “non-exempt” Library Assistant I, Grade III. The salary range starts at $12.59 per hour, commensurate with experience. The position will include a schedule 15 hours a week, consisting of afternoon, evening, and weekend hours in the Computer Center.
- Staffing the Computer Center desk to provide general information and directional information to patrons
- Assisting patrons with technology, including computers, printers, scanners, copiers, and other available technology
- Assisting patrons with reserving study rooms and monitoring study room usage
- Helping to maintain Computer Center equipment (replacing printer toner, submitting help desk tickets as needed, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college or special library training is desirable
- One year experience working with the public, library experience preferred
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- General knowledge of Windows operating system, Microsoft Office programs, internet browsers, and basic computer skills
- Willingness to learn and assist with new technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Please submit your resume, application, and three references to email@example.com
Created by Erin Foley on
Jun 5th, 2017 @ 12:14 PM.
Updated on Jun 13th, 2019 @ 6:12 PM.