Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Oak Lawn Library is a non-profit organization of volunteers who help promote use of the Oak Lawn Public Library, furnish equipment and materials that are beyond the Library's budget and bring opportunities for cultural enrichment to area residents.
2020 UPDATE: AUGUST 2020
- The Friends Bookstore will be closed for the near future in the interest of the safety of Bookstore volunteers, and due to the risk of handling materials. The Friends very much appreciates public enthusiasm and interest for the Bookstore. Any updates to this decision will be posted and announced.
- No Bookstore donations are currently being accepted.
- Current Friends memberships will be automatically extended to 2021 with no dues.
- All Friends trips, movies, concerts, book clubs and events are cancelled until 2021.
- Volunteers may still apply to join the Friends. Applications are available at the Customer Services desk in the Lobby. Returned applications and dues may also be returned to the Customer Services desk.
Join the Friends
The Friends of the Library Board is looking for new ideas and new members. You're invited to join the Board to make connections; voice your vote about upcoming trips and donations to various Library departments; and hear first-hand about Library events, the Book Sale, membership and the annual dinner meeting. Be part of this special group that meets the first Thursday of the month at 1pm in the Mary Nelson Room.
Membership - Each year, we have around 575 members who live in Oak Lawn and surrounding cities. Membership dues are $5 for an individual or $8 for a family (w/spouse & children under age 18). Membership entitles you to receive news updates from the Friends, an invitation to our Annual Dinner Meeting, a $5 discount on most trip tickets and access to special members-only events. If you live outside Oak Lawn and would like to receive the library's quarterly newsletter, Know Now, add $5 to your membership fee to subscribe.
information, call 708-422-4990.
Created by Erin Foley on
Jun 3rd, 2017 @ 12:55 PM.
Updated on Aug 19th, 2020 @ 1:51 PM.